Sunday, November 16, 2014

Beneath the Surface of Snippets and Shorter Stories

Day Sixteen:  Ugh, I have a huge project due in Spanish today and I need to work on my final paper for Shakespeare. We will see how today goes... Anyway, I know this picture is a little creepy but I really like the poem I wrote for it.  

Beneath the Surface

Beneath the surface
dwell the souls
of greedy men
who paid the toll.

One by one
they entered the lake,
too late they realized
their dire mistake.

The tormented spirits
cry to the moon,
pleading release from
their prison soon.

The next victims
drop their anchor
unaware of the
spirits’ rancor.

Cries of warning
fall on deaf ears,
the promise of gold
outweighs their fears.

A golden glint
shimmers below the water
reflecting in their eyes,
eager to slaughter.

Beneath the surface
they do dive,
never to rise
again alive.

No comments:

Post a Comment