Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Never Insult a Hummingbird in Snippets and Shorter Stories

Day Nineteen: I think I might be getting the hang of this snippets thing. The stories have been coming to me easier and I feel like my ability to write them is improving. Yay! This next one is for my mum who loves a good hummingbird.

The Island of Animalia

Bevi, Korin, and Ritva stood in a circle, discussing the next course of action. Evrick couldn’t contain his frustration anymore. He kicked at the dead leaves and sickly trees, screaming. “Why aren’t we out there looking for more Guardians? We are running out of time and we still have three left to find. I don’t need to remind you what happens if we don’t find their key and open this door before--”
“Excuse me! Hmmm. You broke my favorite resting branch! Hmmm.” A small, piercing voice cut through his rampage, stilling everyone. Looking around, they spotted a small white hummingbird with a blood-red throat hovering a few feet away above a ghostly white broken tree. “Well, aren’t you going to...hmmm...fix it and apologize?"
  “Apologize?” Everick retorted. “Just find a new branch to rest on, there are plenty of them here. We don’t have time to waste on fixing a pathetic looking tree just because it is your favorite.” With that he turned at stormed off to look for more Guardians.
   The little bird flew to another branch and puffed out his body, sticking his head in the air and glaring at the remaining three. It was then they noticed a small glint on his body. He had a key around his tiny body; he was a guardian.  
“Well, see if I give my key to that spoiled prince! Hmmm.  He thinks his problems are above me and everyone else. You can tell him I wouldn’t help him even if he begged. Hmmm. Which I highly doubt he would.” And with that the affronted bird flew off into the forest, leaving the three friends wondering how they were going to finish their mission now.

No comments:

Post a Comment